Smallville famously had two guidelines for Clark (Tom Welling), and one in all these guidelines was damaged a minimum of eight instances over the course of the collection. For the reason that Superman prequel collection was all the time about Clark turning into the Man of Metal, Clark was by no means allowed to take flight or swimsuit up because the Huge Blue Boy Scout. Nevertheless, Smallville succeeded to find refined methods to interrupt one in all these guidelines.
At first of the collection, Clark was a highschool freshmen who did not utterly perceive his powers or what fueled them. At first, Clark solely had entry to his tremendous power, pace, and sturdiness. In his earliest days, bullets left bruises, so Clark wasn’t even utterly bulletproof. Because the present progressed, Clark’s pores and skin toughened up, and his skills strengthened. He additionally began studying a few of Superman’s most iconic powers, together with X-ray imaginative and prescient, warmth imaginative and prescient, tremendous listening to, and super- breath. His arctic breath was discovered off-screen. What is maybe Superman’s most well-known energy, his means to fly, was saved for final. After years of build-up, Clark flew within the collection finale.
Whereas it did take Clark ten seasons to really learn to fly, there have been moments scattered throughout the collection the place Clark actually did fly, even when he did not comprehend what he was doing and even comprehend it was occurring. There have been different cases have been it was debatable as as to whether or not he was flying, however there have been a minimum of eight instances when there was no mistake that Clark broke the legal guidelines of gravity.
- Season 1: “Metamorphosis”. Clark desires about flying into Lana’s home and hovering over her. He wakes up floating over his mattress, and crashes.
- Season 2: “Vortex”. Clark runs right into a twister and wills himself towards Lana’s truck to avoid wasting her. Later, he tells Jonathan that he felt like he was flying.
- Season 2: “Rosetta”. Clark desires about flying round Smallville, and wakes up in the course of the street to be discovered by Lex. Clark wonders if he flew in his sleep.
- Season 3: “Campaign”. After Jor-El alters Clark’s thoughts, he turns into “Kal-El” and embraces his Kryptonian future. He flies away from the Kent Farm and assaults Lex’s non-public jet.
- Season 9: “Salvation”. When Clark has a imaginative and prescient of the longer term, he sees his future self flying overhead.
- Season 10: “Homecoming”. After time-traveling to 2017, Clark meets an older model of himself and watches him fly away to cease a nuclear reactor from exploding.
- Season 10: “Homecoming”. In the identical episode, Clark is dancing with Lois when he unknowingly begins to drift.
- Season 10: “Collateral”. Whereas trapped in a digital actuality, Clark discovers that he has no limits and is free to fly across the Every day Planet.
What’s fascinating about Clark’s flying in Smallville is that fairly just a few of those occurrences occurred very early within the collection. In actual fact, Clark’s floating incident occurred in simply the second episode of the primary season, which implies that he had the potential for flight from the very starting. He simply did not know find out how to put this energy to make use of.
Within the season 2 premiere, it is closely recommended that Clark flew when he rescued Lana from the twister, and he very clearly takes flight in a memorable season Three scene as “Kal-El”. So regardless of Smallville‘s guidelines about what Clark may and could not do, Clark wasn’t grounded for the whole thing of the collection, because the present did provide you with some enjoyable methods to tease the flexibility that followers waited the longest to see.